Facility management is critical to the upkeep and maintenance of your business premises and for business continuity. It helps ensure a hygienic and efficient work environment, which is crucial for business growth.
What are Facility Management Services?
Facility management services help support the safety, functionality, and sustainability of grounds, buildings, infrastructure and assets of a business. Facility management includes:
- Maintenance and operations
- Lease management
- Energy management
- Capital project management
- Real estate management
- Space management
- Employee experience
Facility management is of two types: hard and soft.
- Hard facilities management involves physical assets like wiring, plumbing, electrical, elevators, cooling and heating.
- Soft facilities management is focused on tasks carried out by people like lease accounting, custodial services, janitorial services, security, catering, and groundskeeping.
Benefits of Outsourcing Facility Management
- Focus on your core business – Outsourcing facilities management frees up your staff to focus on their core duties and responsibilities. Once you outsource facilities management, you and your team can focus your attention on growing your business.
- Cost-effective – Outsourcing facility management is a cost-effective strategy. Having an in-house team would entail investment in equipment, materials, training, and other operational expenses associated with regular facilities management. You can do away with all of that by outsourcing facilities management.
- Improved service quality – When you outsource these tasks, you get access to a reliable team that handles everything for you. A facilities management company has a structured approach to service delivery. A professional team provides efficient, reliable and effective services, which can make a huge difference to your business.
- Minimise downtime – By outsourcing facilities management to a professional company, you get access to a team of experts anytime you need reactive maintenance. This can dramatically minimise the downtime of your systems and equipment, thereby ensuring continuity.