Whether you manage a business or a commercial rental property, you know how important commercial property maintenance is. However, the biggest hurdle is keeping up with the maintenance tasks that keep cropping up all through the year.
Here are our top three tips for property maintenance.
Offer the Best Administrative Services
The first step to good property maintenance begins with good administrative work. Here are our top tips to improve the administrative end of property maintenance:
- Offer prompt responses to maintenance requests.
- Track the maintenance expenses regularly.
- Don’t ignore preventative maintenance.
Stick to the Maintenance Checklist
You may think it’s okay to skip an item or two in the maintenance checklist, but that can prove costly in the long run. When you want to boost the value of your property, keep the following items in top form:
- Seasonal preparations such as snowfall, rains, storms, etc.
- Special items like deep cleaning for carpets and interior decorating.
- Regular maintenance of HVAC units.
- Check the interior structures for damage and cracks. These can include ceilings, walls, flooring, windows, shelving and cabinetry.
- Check the property’s exterior spaces such as walls, roofing, gutters, signage, etc. for damage.
- Carry out pest control to keep your property compliant and safe.
- Routine plumbing and electrical checks.
Hire a Property Maintenance Company
Hiring a property maintenance company can help you keep up with your property maintenance plan. Sure, you could hire a handyman everything there’s a repair. However, having a property maintenance company on contract is highly efficient, cost-effective and hassle-free.
You won’t have to fret about getting things fixed in time when you hire a facilities maintenance company. They will take care of everything for you, all you have to do is create a maintenance plan for them to follow or call them in case of emergency repairs.
Looking for professional property maintenance in Melbourne? Contact Broad Services today to discuss your requirements.